Rock Community Fire Marshal's Office

The Fire Marshal’s office of Rock Community Fire Protection District inspects construction and existing properties for fire code violations. We review plans for new construction sites to make sure that they meet International Fire Code (IFC) requirements. We work in conjunction with the City of Arnold on permitting and inspections. Please call our office if we can help you with permitting or inspection questions.

Burning Permits

Burn Season is from September 15 through April 14.
Burning rules and regulations are set by Department of Natural Resources(DNR) and have been adopted by Rock Community Fire Protection District for enforcement. Burning is always weather permitting.

There is no fee for open burning or recreational bonfire permits. If you live inside the city limits of Arnold or Kimmswick you cannot open burn per DNR rules. You can apply for a recreational bonfire permit, which is for a specific date and time that you choose, weather permiting.

Please read the requirements for a recreational bonfire permit on the application. Permission to burn is given if the weather conditions meet requirements. Bonfire Permit Application

Burning Regulations

Residential or Commercial Occupancy Requirements

An Existing residential inspection is required anytime a residential property changes ownership or occupancy.

Inside the city limits of Arnold please apply for your inspections at Arnold City Hall or call 636-282-2378 (Community Development Department of the City of Arnold) for more information.

If you are in the City of Kimmswick, you would apply at the Rock Community Fire Marshal’s Office.

If the residential property is in unincorporated areas of Rock Community F.P.D., inspections can be applied for through the Fire Marshal’s office at 636-296-2211.

Existing Residential Inspection Requirements
Existing Residential Application

When a tenant changes in an existing commercial property, the property owner or new tenant should apply for a Commercial Occupancy inspection. Commercial Occupancy Application

Credit Card Payment

Construction Permits

Residential construction of one and two family dwellings, additions, or remodels within Rock Community F.P.D. should be applied for with the City of Arnold (636-282-2378) or Jefferson County Building Department (636-797-5310). If you are not certain if your property is within the city limits please call the office (636-296-2211) and we will help you with this.

Anyone inside the City of Kimmswick must apply for building permits at the Fire Marshal's office.

Residential & Commercial Construction Application


Fireworks Display Permit Fireworks Stand Permit Fireworks Code Requirements


Festival Vendor Application   Food Vendor Requirements

For questions please contact us.